18 June 2012

Fathers Day (fatigue!)

Hello there!
I hope you had a great weekend... did you have a nice Father's Day yesterday?
I must admit I'm shattered!! Because my parents live close by, Fathers Day is a big thing in our house.... lots of food & chat (which I love) ... but the downside is I seem to have spent all weekend on it - either sewing, cooking or cleaning up!!! I'm embarrassed to say I didn't get the quilt finished for my husband - but  he got lots of lovely gifts from the children, so is happy to wait for his birthday in July to get it. 
I did however, manage to make something for my dad... 
A few months ago I gave him a camera with a case, but he keeps on loosing the charger leads & bits & pieces - so this wee bag will keep them all together for him. I love this Echino fabric!
He travels quite a bit, so I used fusible fleece to give the camera a bit of protection when he packs it in his suitcase. 
For this week I have set myself only one goal (seeing as I failed miserably on last weeks list!)
So I'd better get on with it!
Hope you have a great week & accomplish at least one stitchy thing :)
Karen

11 comments :

  1. Love that little camera bag. Glad you had a good, albeit busy, weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camera bag is perfect in every way! I love what you did with the ends of the ties! I bet your dad loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The fabric with the camera looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovel bag K - I am incapable of finishing anything at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super bag! Fabulous gift for your papa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cunning plan with the wee bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea as it is always the chargers that get tangled up or misplaced. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. No doubt what belongs in there! Lucky Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant... Ps I sent u an email.. Did u get it?? Fi x

    ReplyDelete