15 June 2012

Foiled on Friday by Trials with Technology

Hello there!
How has your week been? I've been super busy trying to get some long-needed projects finished... but unfortunately I've been foiled by the storms which means we've been without electricity since Thursday night. We're all sorted now, but before I get on with my quilting, here is my to-do list & progress so far:
  • Make a fathers day gift for my dad...something for his camera - got an idea for this
  • Make a fathers day gift for my husband....something for his surgery - QUILT TOP FINISHED, BACKING FINISHED
  • Post off some bee blocks DONE :)
  • Finish a secret gift for someone in our Care Circle bee - almost finished
  • Make a start at the Handstitched Class project - no progress yet :(
So unfortunately my great intentions haven't exactly come to too much!
The big project was a quilt for my husband for fathers day for his doctors surgery &, although I'm a wee bit behind schedule, hopefully I will get this finished in time....Thanks so much for all the brill suggestions about the blocks - I've squinted at it (thanks Dolores), looked at it through a black & white filter (thanks Kerry), scrutinised & pondered over it & finally, come up with this:
Now the colours are a lot lighter in real life than this picture & the squares are 12"X12" - so hopefully it will be a a nice wee throw & a good size for the treatment couch in the surgery... 
For my father I'll be making a pouch for his camera & leads & bits & pieces - but that will have to wait till tomorrow too!
So are you fixed for fathers day? Do you make gifts or buy them? What about cards?? If you're looking for some last minute fathers day gifts here are some great possibilities from pinterest....
Aren't these key chain fobs so cute!
Tutorial etc from My Crazy Life
Love this dog silhouette!
Tutorial etc from The Creativity Exchange 
This looks like a great printable book for dad
Download etc from eighteen25 
Lots of great printables for fathers day
Downloads from Hello Lucky
Hopefully this lot has given you some last-minute inspiration! I'll be back on Sunday hopefully to show you my completed gifts!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! (& congrats to England who have just beaten Sweden for the first time in World Cup Football history!)
Karen




7 comments :

  1. Oh no - power cuts are horrendous at the best of times - hope you can catch up, and don't have to eat too much defrosted food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get all the sewing time you need, and have a brilliant weekend. The girls are on the homemade card mission tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger on the power cuts, but yay on the progress so far. I gave me dad his gift when he was up a few weeks ago (a bear)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is looking is great! Fathers Day is not until Sept in Oz so not even thinking about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being without electricity is the pits! You don't realise how tied to it you are until it isn't there. Glad you have power again because your quilt is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is wonderful! Glad the leccy is back on!

    ReplyDelete