21 June 2012

Sunshine (and showers) Tote

Hello there!
How has your week been so far? Have you had sunshine? Or showers? Or both?? I'm writing this post from a wee island off the North Coast of Scotland called Orkney (which is where my great grandparents came from) & as I write this the rain is pouring down & there are wee streams of rainwater trickling over the cobbled stones... But at least the plants in the gardens look happy!!

This week in between exam runs & the rain, I've been busy finishing off a surprise for someone in our do. Good Stitches bee

I designed the bag expecially for this person & I really enjoyed making it.. It has a lovely curvey bottom....
I used some of the printed text I made a couple of weeks ago & lots of my favourite fabrics which I quilted individually
The front has a large padded pocket with a snap closure (which might be good for the recipients camera!!)
There's another zipped pocket inside & a wee key fob too
I used fusible fleece to make it nice & squishy & am really hoping that the person who I've sent it to will like it...
Here's Hannah modelling it to give you an idea of the size
I was thinking of maybe making a pattern for this - I'd love to know what you think....
If all these photos have given you a taste for totes, check out Sara's Purse Palooza at Sew Sweetness. There are lots of fantastic purse reviews, tips & tricks & prizes too...Here's the list from to-day onwards

June 21 - Katy @ The Littlest Thistle (Noodlehead 2-4-1 Tote)
               Terri @ Sew-Fantastic (In Color Order Lined Drawstring Bag)
June 22 - Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy (Amy Butler Weekender Bag)
               Sarah @ Fairy Face Designs (bag from the Bag Making Bible)
June 25 - Amy @ Sukie Don't You Know Who I Am? (Amy Butler Sophia Bag)
                Laurie @ On the QT - Quilting Tangents (Betz White Hexie Hipster)
June 26 - Julianna @ Jednoiglec (Charlie's Aunt Kitchen Garden Bag)
               Jeni @ In Color Order (Bari J. State Street Tote)
June 27 - Kerry @ Very Kerry Berry (bag from Suzuko Koseki)
               Michelle @ I Like Orange Too (Left Bank Granny Bag)
June 28 - Kay Whitt @ Sew Serendipity Studio (tutorial: adjustable strap with metal slider)
               Amy Barickman @ Indygo Junction (tutorial: installing grommets/magnetic snaps)
June 29 - Melissa @ Bittersweet Designs (Bella Nonna Boutique Shoulder Bag)
                Kelly @ Kelby Sews (Pat Bravo Paris Bag)
                Bianca @ Sweet Diesel Designs (Lisa Lam For Pleat's Sake)

There are some great prizes for completed bags too, including....
1st Prize
* $50 gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop         
* 3-pack of books from Martingale Publishing
* $50 gift certificate to Zipit
* $70 Pellon gift pack
* fat quarter bundle and sewing pattern from Art Gallery Fabrics
 
* fat quarter bundle and sewing pattern from Art Gallery Fabrics
* 3-pack of books from Martingale Publishing
* $50 gift certificate from Sew Fresh Fabrics
* $30 gift certificate to Spoonflower
* fat quarter bundle from Art Gallery Fabrics
* 2-pack of books from Lark Crafts Publishing
* $80 prize pack from Olfa Cutting Tools

I'm off now to explore Stromness... I'll take some photos to show you, but in the meantime click here to see Katy's review of the 241 Tote
Hope you have a lovely day
Karen

15 comments :

  1. Yes yes pattern please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please, please make a pattern for the bag, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, wow!!! this is one gorgeous bag, it's absolutely amazing! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm a curvy bottom! Looks fabulous....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, great fabric combo, and I love the touch with the buttons at the end of the handles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a fabulous bag! You should consider making a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely bag - and I really like the curvey bottom:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, absolutely make a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see a pattern for this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see a pattern for this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, please the pattern. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes please would definitely love for a pattern to be available!

    ReplyDelete